Diary of a figure painter 8 - 17/02/22

Another Thursday and its been a long day in what has proved to be a long week.  I do feel weary and I am looking forward to Friday which is usually a supermarket shopping trip combined with a post office run but as there were only two small parcels to send out I have wrapped packed and popped them into the post box down our road so we can skip going to the post office, although I would rather have a load of parcels to send out, I can only hope for better fortune next week.

I have made a start on the 20mm Britannia Miniatures DAK commission, they are cleaned and ready for priming before painting, I will get the first coat of primer on later, then I should have them painted over the weekend and ready to post out Monday.

20mm DAK ready to prime and paint

Also the 20mm German Mountain Troops are finished, they took a little while this morning to get done but they were all varnished this afternoon and once that's dry, just bases to do, again, they will be going out on Monday as well.

6 of the Mountain Troops, these in winter smocks on 20mm bases


I have also just received an order for three 20mm 3 man slit trenches, these are resin and from Lancer Miniatures, I paint them up and sell them but if you go to wdmscenics.co.uk you can pick them up in their unpainted state as well.

Popular 3 man slit trench painted up 

Simple enough to paint and turnaround is about 2 to 3 weeks depending on stock levels.  I have a few of these on stock but I now need to order up more.

The website is still not performing the way it should, I am struggling to get any sales at all, today I have given some time to what to do with it and I think the way forward is to combine this blog with the shop, so over the next few weeks I will add the blog to the online store.  That means everything will be in one place and I will be forced to update the site on a daily basis if only to keep the diary going, my hope is that some of those that visit the blog will look at the shop whist they are there.  
I want to add posts about building terrain using some of the products I sell and painting guides too.

I will keep this blog alive but it will be my own personal blog for the games I play and the figures I collect, at least that's the plan.  I will write more about the website and changes that will be made in a future post.

Now though, time for something to eat, pasta with chick peas, quick , simple, filling, Happy Days! 





Diary of a figure painter 8 - 17/02/22 Diary of a figure painter 8 - 17/02/22 Reviewed by Wild Duck Models on February 17, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.