Diary of a figure painter 6 - 15/02/22

 Today has been a little bit mixed, I feel like I have got a fair amount done, yet a slow start means I have not quite achieved what I wanted to.  Orders and enquiries are still thin on the ground which is always a little worrying, yet I still seem to have almost as much work on as I am comfortable with.

I slept badly last night and as a result I struggled a little this morning,  one of those crazy, silly, counter productive nights where I woke up at stupid o'clock with everything I needed to do today going around and around my head, the inevitable result being that I was so tired today I didn't quite achieve the very things that kept me awake.

I started by placing my order for the Redoubt and Britannia figures with Grubby Tanks, really excited about the 28mm ACW Redoubt figures, I do love them and I have Iron Brigade and Berdan Sharpshooters to paint, such great figures to work on, such a good commission.

Image taken from Redouct Enterprises web site


Less dramatic image of WDM painted Iron Brigade

I also ordered up the 20mm WW2 British Airborne figures from Grubby Tanks Britannia range that I need for a commission as well.

Airborne Bren Carriers painted by me

Then I wrapped and packed the Normandy Strongpoint, its now ready for collection and should arrive at its new home by the weekend, it will be good to see it go, as fantastic as these strongpoints are they do take up a lot of space.

Normandy Strongpoint boxed up and ready to go out of the door.

The rest of the day was spent working on the Britannia 20mm German Mountain Troop commission.
I had hoped to get this job finished today but I have not quite made it.  Even though these are relatively simple figures to paint and I can knock one out in around 10 minutes, when you have 42 plus 8 pack horses to paint that's at least 500 minutes, well over 8 hours work not including drying time. I managed to get about 5 hours painting time in today, so no way enough to get them finished but still made very good progress.  Close but no cigar as they say.

There are 6 in winter jackets done bar from basing and varnishing

Not far off getting the rest finished

36 need boots and rucksack straps painted brown before ink wash and highlights

There doesn't look to be that many but to do them credit still takes a surprising amount of work.

I may do a little more on these tonight to make sure they will be finished in the morning and ready to base, varnish and send out Thursday but really I want to try and chill a little to make sure I sleep a little better tonight and wake up refreshed and ready for work in the morning as I still have loads to do. Happy Days.





Diary of a figure painter 6 - 15/02/22 Diary of a figure painter 6 - 15/02/22 Reviewed by Wild Duck Models on February 15, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.